Poll Widget
Last Forum PostsLast Forum Post RSS Feed
Who's Online

Guild NewsFeed Icon
No News Is Currently Available.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MariaelenaEU

re: Re: while I'm in the mood to moan

I agree Sad, this website is not particularly very user friendly.

SadGeezer
In-Game Lowest Rank 10

re: And while I am in the mood to moan...

I guess it'lll have to wait a while.  I registered with a few on-line guild hosting services but they are all crippled by the terrible state of the Blizz API (apps program interface, a system for linking to information about guild and characters and items at battle.net to your website).  I also set up a test server but haven't installed any modules yet.

I'll keep an eye out for changes to the blizz API issue, but it prolly wont be resolved before the next expansion.

Happy to chat about progress to any of the officers

SadGeezer
In-Game Lowest Rank 10

re: And while I am in the mood to moan...

... this website is awful!

As the webmaster and host of the old Reckoning website on my server, I feel obliged to look into some options for the officers regarding a website that more befits the size and experience of our gaming members. Also, I was asked for advice by Kevin when I first joined the guild and to my shame, didn't help much and hope to make up for it now.

Having some experience in this (I've hosted 3 other guild websites on my server(s), I'll look into some options for paid hosting, free hosting and proprietary/full control free hosting (ie. on our own servers).  The objective will be a website that is managed by officers for members and at very low cost/free and with the following guild website features:

News,
Recruitment requirements,
Progress Status,
Guild rank (either WoWProgress or GuildOx),
Full Battle.net API support for roster and guild latest achievements, activity etc.).
Teamspeak3 module.
Polls module.