Poll Widget
Last Forum PostsLast Forum Post RSS Feed
Who's Online

Guild NewsFeed Icon
No News Is Currently Available.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
RahulaEU

re: The Guild Mythic Loot Dilema.....

So going on random chance is a better idea...?

Using a points system you can identify who's making the effort to attend raids, when there attending (to there not just attending easy loot days). You can utilise the system as to how you want it to work for the guild not for individuals.

Its either of these options or go with the "Personal loot" system, this avoids the worry of a point system & removes the roll/chance & worrying who's going to roll against you.

My 2c...

Wráthzòr
Sutsko

re: Loot

we dont really like the idea about point systems, because of several reasons. 

Might consider it, but isnt what we would like to go with. :) 

RahulaEU

EPGP... Just saying...

Miadni

re: Agree

i Agree with everything said here, and what it boils down to is people not being greedy. 

People need to realise we are gearing a raid team not a character or player.

Once we get this issue resolved and have no loot greedy players in our raid team, it will all be handled for the good of the team I'm sure. 

Supervisors/officers/GM have already discussed possible loot systems for WoD, but we are yet to put our finger on one. 

Milleh

I agree with alts not rolling on loot, but under the shitty circumstances, alts came due to Nub Martin saving a few people, despite everyone saying dont enter.  Under the circumstances, you cant ask people to help you and tell them they cant roll on loot, its unfair, even if their dps is so low. (shock lol) 

After people disconnecting on Garrosh and wasting my near perfect 100 + 99 rolls on the 1st 2 sets of korkron mount drop, before we had to reroll and then people rolling disenchant when I'm pressing greed for offspec. My ret spec being what I use outside of raids, which is just as important to me, since its the spec I use for all aspects of wow.

So you are right mate, I doubt it will be a regular occurance for the remainder of MoP but loot as a whole will be changing in WoD, for the better. 

Wiiming

re: re: Loot in Pre Patch.

Looking forward to the new loot system. In the past I also had a similiar issue and I still clearly remember it.. ( long time ago though ) 

So the best in slot warforged bow dropped and ofcourse I needed on it. It turns out that the one who won the roll, already had a fully upgraded warforged weapon and the best part is that he isnt in the guild anymore.

But my point is that you shouldn't just blindy need..

The reason why I didnt talked anyone about it is simple: I dont talk a lot in general which you maybe already realised but that is my problem :/

Wráthzòr
Sutsko

re: Loot in Pre Patch.

I, as the RL / one handing out purples, ofc. seeing people good enough as a person,  to pass items to people that need it more, as that would benefit the whole raid the most, is ofc. something that i would hope everyone will do at some point. We will have a new looting system in WoD, where the raiding rank will mean a bit more to the loot. 

However, about yday.. We do have group loot on, and I dont really look at who is greeding or needing. Its 3 weeks before the expansion ends, and the way we in the officer team look at it, is that gear doesnt really matter at this point. 

Hope that cleared something. :P

SadGeezer
In-Game Lowest Rank 10

We just did the first part of a Mythic clear and it was awesome! (as usual).

But I had a couple of problems that I'm worried may cause guildmembers problems in the future, especially when we are progressing WoD.

Firstly, I was a bit annoyed that Pimp needed on a mainhand weapon for offspec that I needed as a minor upgrade for offhand mainspec. It would have been a minor upgrade for me - and he won. I justifiably whispered my pissed-offed-ness at him but later considered that I could be considered unreasonable as he would have been expected to know what gear all other raiders would have before justifiably needing – either that, or chatting in Teamspeak/guildchat to ask if it would be ok to need. The upgrade for Pimp would have been considerably higher than for me (and he has indicated that he is keen to progress his rogue (which may be viable as a Mythic player in WoD).

Accidentally needing when players should be greeding is a little ambiguous at the moment and will be critical in WoD. Clearly defined rules may be a little unfair for future progression.

The second hassle I had was grief from Shredbul when I needed on an offhand for my offspec. I assumed that he had heroic main and off hand weapons because of his ilevel (which is awesome!) and yet he didn't (wtf!?). He was justifiably pissed off (but handled it with considerable restrain, which was very much appreciated). I made a mistake and although he won the need, I could have been the butt of some pretty hard comments if I'd won – I want to avoid that in the future if possible.

The point I'm trying to make (badly) is that I'm worried about needing for stuff without fully appreciating the requirements of other players in guild. A minor upgrade for an offhand could be a major upgrade for a mainhand for another raid member, simply needing if it's an upgrade doesn't cut it. Worse still greeding for an upgrade as an offspec would negate the need for situationally changing spec for specific bosses (which is what I'm trying to gear for) and makes clear and fair looting even more ambiguous.

Maybe it's me? Possibly I'm being a little short-sighted, what do you think? How can you guarantee that the loot you need isn't going to piss off someone who is more; suitable, more capable (according to officers), more in need and/or more reliably available for raid (to progress) than you?

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Holy Judgement Forum Index -> Raiding All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: